A silent prayer, a quiet day…
Today is the day when the angels took my sister, brother-in-law, and their little princess home to God. This was probably the worst day of my life. I do not wish to remember the year they went away nor the time nor the circumstances. They just went away and forever. So far away that I cannot even try to get them back. I am with them, every single day, every single moment, whether I am happy or sad, whether I am home or out. But today I shall miss them lots. Because today I know mom, dad, and I would think of her and jeejaji and the moments we spent with them more than usual.
‘Didi’ just two years elder to me but was some kind of strength, and strong support for me from the very beginning. Yes, she resides in our hearts, mind, and in our thoughts forever. Young, happy, cheerful, giving, practically she sits beside my mom and dad in their bedroom, on the dining table, in her favourite mauve attire and some gold jewellery… bright and angelic. I can still see her sitting in front of the TV calling out for mom. After she got married I called her every morning as I set off for the day. Today when she is above all, watching me and her little one (Aditya) I ask her to give us strength, and a close embrace... that is all!
Till yesterday, you were looking up to me
Asking me what do I want
But now I'm sitting here alone, all alone
With my tears and a bleeding heart…
Looking at my life, which is not the way I ever thought.
Where did you both go, and why
I miss your presence every single day,
My eyes are clouded and memories have made their way.
Didi, Jeejaji… you were the best and shall remain so always! I love you and I miss you…
Lovingly
Moni, as I was endearingly addressed by you.