Since tomorrow is Saturday, and because I would not be working, I should be writing a very impressive post may be about making some insane apple, cinnamon, brown sugar, buttery, nutty, flaky, crumbly, yummy thing or some marmalade because I think I'm a real life chef. But then I remember I'm not! hahaha!!! Instead, I'm curled up in my bed, very much at my little bird house in Bombay, delightfully alone while most people I know are holidaying with friends and family.
Does anyone else also get bored of endless blogging and networking on FB? Sometimes I just want to chuck the laptop, take a walk around the block, go watch some puppet show, or may be go work in a flower shop arrange and smell flowers, or open a photo studio so I can see all that others refuse to see about human beings in this fast paced city life.
The past year has been a total whirlwind, it feels like practically everything has changed. It's all terribly exciting and nerve-wracking. I live alone and have become a workaholic. With more ideas, and dreams and in all sincerity, I am very lucky. But in all this hustle bustle come Christmas time and I start missing Delhi winters… my woolen clothes, the soft quilts, my mittens, and of days when you can't leave the house without a jacket, the cold breeze on your face and hair. Look at me, now when I am writing this, I have started to miss my childhood. As kids my big sister, and I smelled like pears. Mom had some pear-scented something that she would apply so our skin stayed soft and fragrant. It did the trick and in fact each time I look at those pictures it makes me want to pinch my own cheek. LOL! I can’t forget to mention about how funny I was with my sister. One day, we would be throwing pillows at each other's heads because she would have eaten a portion of my cake and then ‘bammm’, you grow up and can't live without each other.
But why am I saying all this…
I guess I have everything I want in life but, I still sense there is a big space still left to be filled. Is that the reason I am going down memory lane, or I am thinking of my home town, my days with my sister, mom, and the craft work we did together. I get interested to think of something and then am just as quickly on to the next thing… Even now, while I type this, I am also playing with my new telephoto-lens. But looks like my camera too has lost its ability to focus, as did my mind. I don't see exactly what is missing in this beautiful life and night so I would go and make some tea with ginger, cinnamon, and lemon grass. May be by then I would know what is missing… :)
There comes a time when you must stand alone and follow your own dreams. I do have a bit of exciting news that will have to wait till I can do it justice. Till then be well, be happy!