Thursday, May 20, 2010

You are what you believe in!

Who I  were?
As a kid I was always very unplanted, and free-minded. I remember writing a composition for school about a person I admired and I had problems to pick one for two reasons: One, I admired more than one person and two, I did not want to be like someone but just be myself and do things my way. Though for scoring grades I wrote a composition about my mom but I could not resist to add the last paragraph which was somewhat like this, “Even though I admire my mom and she is one of the kindest, wisest, and sweetest person in my life that I know, I will still always remain myself and I will walk my own path because my heart says that we should always be who we are and not copy others.”

That’s what I thought when I was twelve. I always felt there is much more about me that I was showing and that I posses more potential than I was using. The true potential remained unrevealed because I did not know how to activate it or whom to walk up-to to know what could be done.

As years passed by, I  felt lost living a life of conventions, rules, beliefs, judgments, expectations and the influence of others way of living. I was expressing my rebellion for freedom and uniqueness in many ways, but most of them were hurting me more than really achieving a positive change. I forgot who I was, where were I going and what I wanted to become. The beautiful spirit of the 12- year old girl was forgotten and I was living my life unconsciously without even being aware of it.

Unhappiness, dissatisfaction, self doubts, lack of self love, many questions but no answers, self-limitations started occupying my mind and daily experience made them worse. Hmm my overall existence was good, I had everything a growing girl would want to have but it was still not satisfactory. I did not want to just survive in life, I wished to live my dreams. As my desire of finding happiness and satisfaction in my life grew, life brought me to different events, situations, experiences and I realized that to make a difference in my life I needed to see new perspectives, get out of my comfort zone and challenge myself. At the beginning it is always easier to imagine that what you want is possible or exists somewhere. I decided to find new job and relocate, start a new life and meet new people, travel abroad, and somewhere down my heart I knew this was the perfect step for me to take even if it was challenging and putting a big physical distance between me and my family. But I decided to give myself a chance and to search for my happiness and purpose.

Every change begins in Self-Awareness. I ended up in Hyderabad working for a multinational company that was operating in training and telecommunication field and now in Bombay (Mumbai). I was fortunate to be able to join various groups where I got access to teachers from personal transformation and spirituality. Although it was a very intense phase and I felt consumed continuously but experiences to understand life went on improving. I started to experience positive change after I became aware of my life, choices, beliefs, dreams and who I was and who I am. All of it came suddenly very easy as a result of acceptance and self-awareness. I learned how it all works in our reality. My beliefs where no more my limitations because I realized  ‘You are what you believe in. And You create your life and reality.’ This knowing gave me liberating feeling of being able to decide and choose for myself who I want to become. I never felt so happy and comfortable in my own skin. I observed what makes me happy, satisfied, enthusiastic and what really serves my purpose. Being aware of myself was a magical discovery for me. Since then I have been following my inner voice, my passions, my desires and dreams. I did everything my heart told me to do because there is nothing more important than to feel good.

So who am I?
Life is such a question mark. You never know when and which way it will turn. Today I am a loving daughter, a perfectionist, an artist, a photographer, future spouse, a good friend and/or may be more... I believe in unlimited human potential and that life can be magical if we allow ourselves to see that. I desire to live my life up to the hilt and experience all there is.

May we have the ability to find worthwhile lessons in each experience or relationship. I wish you live a life with love and right attitude.
Be Unique. Be Love. Be Yourself.