Rainy season is not always a hit with me. Slows the mind a bit. Almost makes me appreciate Delhi cold more! It was overcast and dreary. One of those days when you'd like to stay in bed and watch movies all day. I was searching for something. But I'm always searching. I'm like a scavenger looking for stuff that no one else sees. May be that way I feel I could get away from the busy world, and people… so as to focus on the real stuff that life is made of. I just wanted to listen to what was going on inside me. So, I walked down to the edge of the balcony and stood there for a while. A light rain began to fall and speckled the calmness of the water interrupting my glassy stare at the reflection of the gray clouds. It reminded me that life is often interrupted just when things are calm and we get too settled into it. I guess as I look back at it all, those times offered challenges for growth. Having been lost in thought for a few minutes, I didn't notice the rain for now, had ended.
I started to think how I usually feel about a day. I do love the early morning hours dampened slightly by the mist of foggy dreams the night time brings. The sun light rolls across the blades of grass and nudges petals of the morning glory, "Wake up, my beauty! I promise you warmth if you do." Then responding like two lovers, one caresses the other and the world becomes a better place to be. Then there are within the early hours of the day the flavor of fresh brewed coffee and the kiss of cinnamon rolls upon my lips. That is hard to compare with afternoon. Then, of course, there is the early evening sunset as the earth sighs and people stop to watch what masterpiece God has planned. Fresh paint, dripping, blending, watercolors, never two the same, make memories for some and satisfaction for others. For me, it is like the balance of a scale. No matter where I am at those hours, I find myself remembering how good the day began and at the same time looking, anticipating with child-like wonder, how it will all end.
Breaking my thought, I felt a breeze wash across my face as I lie on the bed near the window, listening to the voice of afternoon's children playing, imagining birds splashing, squirrels run in excitement, butterflies touching down upon the palms. I gently slide back and forth in time how the early hours got us to school /our destination and the afternoons brought us safely home. I wonder then, if in the span of my life am I still in the morning hours, early afternoon or waiting for the sunset? I think it’s perhaps afternoon. I've many more sunsets to see and cinnamon rolls to devour.
If in the end God says I can indeed take one thing with me, it will surely be...
"One Rainy Afternoon."
What is it they say about rainy days and Mondays? Words from a song I had tucked away in my memory…
“What I’ve got they used to call the blues
Nothing’ is really wrong, Feeling’ like I don’t belong, Walking’ around…
Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down..
But there are no blues, I am just the way I was before, upbeat and motivated with a little caring, a bit of trust, and a lot of faith.
Keep well and in good spirits!